WHY CHOOSE STEM CELL THERAPY?
Regenerative medicine or stem cell therapy offers an excellent option for treating orthopedic ailments. Stem cell therapy performed by our team of doctors is an innovative way to use your body’s own stem cells to treat chronic painful orthopedic problems (knees, hips, shoulders, feet/ankles) or spinal disc injuries and conditions that have not improved following conservative, non-surgical treatments. Many of our patients visit us after exhausting all other remedies and want an alternative to invasive surgery.
AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR STEM CELL THERAPY?
To determine if you are a good candidate for stem cell therapy we review your history, perform a physical examination, and determine whether X-rays and/or an MRI are needed. If you are a good candidate for the procedure, a member of our team will explain how stem cell therapy works and what will happen throughout the procedure, and answer any other questions you may have. Here is a brief synopsis of a typical procedure:
- You will be given IV anesthesia or sedation, similar to what you would receive for a colonoscopy.
- Even though you may be awake and talking during the stem cell therapy procedure, you should have very little, if any, recollection of the procedure itself.
- An experienced international pain specialist or trained physician will remove some of your bone marrow.
- This process is brief and our team will ensure that you are comfortable throughout the procedure.
- The bone marrow will be placed into a device made by Celling Biosciences that will separate the stem cells from the bone marrow.
- The stem cells will then be injected back into your body in the area of damage or injury to aid in natural healing.
- The entire procedure will take about 45 minutes.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
After a brief period of recovery from the anesthesia, you can go home, returning to your pre-procedure activity levels. A personal plan will be devised for your after-care and may include recommendations for physical therapy, chiropractic care, massage therapy or acupuncture to encourage the growth of your stem cells throughout your recovery process.