WHAT IS A STEM CELL?
An adult-derived mesenchymal stem cell is a primitive cell with the ability to:
- reduce inflammation
- fight apoptosis
- differentiate into multiple tissues: cartilage, muscle, fat, and bone
Adult stem cells are the mean by which our bodies naturally heal throughout our lifetime. We offer two main types of stem cell treatments.
- Intravenous – This procedure uses stem cells derived from your own bone marrow and puts them back into your body intravenously. In, all, the process takes less than 45 minutes and can help improve overall health, maintain a higher level of activity, and actually purge dead cells from your body. It is used for many people who suffer from an array of chronic illnesses.
- Orthopedic Site Injections – This stem cell therapy treats chronic orthopedic pain in bones, joints and the spine, and can be an alternative to invasive surgery. Under sedation, some of your own bone marrow is quickly removed and then injected right into the area of damage or injury to aid in natural healing.
WHY CHOOSE STEM CELL THERAPY?
Regenerative medicine or stem cell therapy offers an excellent option for treating orthopedic ailments. Stem cell therapy performed by our team of doctors is an innovative way to use your body’s own stem cells to treat chronic painful orthopedic problems (knees, hips, shoulders, feet/ankles) or spinal disc injuries and conditions that have not improved following conservative, non-surgical treatments. Many of our patients visit us after exhausting all other remedies and want an alternative to invasive surgery.
AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR STEM CELL PAIN TREATMENT?
To determine if you are a good candidate for stem cell therapy we review your history, perform a physical examination, and determine whether X-rays and/or an MRI are needed. If you are a good candidate for the procedure, a member of our team will explain how stem cell therapy works and what will happen throughout the procedure, and answer any other questions you may have.
- You will be given IV anesthesia or sedation, similar to what you would receive for a colonoscopy.
- Even though you may be awake and talking during the stem cell therapy procedure, you should have very little, if any, recollection of the procedure itself.
- An experienced trained physician will remove some of your bone marrow. This process is brief & our team will ensure that you are comfortable throughout the process.
- The stem cells will then be concentrated from the bone marrow y our team of trained physicians.
- The stem cells will then be injected back into your body, in the area of damage or injury, to aid in natural healing under fluoroscopic guidance to ensure proper placement.
- The entire procedure will take about 45 minutes.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION TO SEE IF STEM CELL TREATMENT IS RIGHT FOR YOU.
Your stems cells are your body’s natural healing resource. We’re putting them to work for you to relive pain, promote healing and often help avoid surgery. We are the leading research and treatment facility in the United States, providing the most innovative and proven techniques and therapies using the body’s natural healing power of stem cells. Our fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons are using the power of your own stem cells to treat all kinds of injuries, acute illnesses, and aches and pains from aging. We work with patients from around the world using the newest and most advanced technology to treat orthopedic injuries and bone and join pain, as well as relieving symptoms and improving the lives of patients with a multitude of illnesses. Our practice is not only leading the way in using stem cell therapies, we are the only practice in the country (aside from universities) using Bone Marrow Concentrate (BMC or BMAC) Stem Cells for better longer lasting results. JMISKO surgical design md has extensive research in the field of utilizing biologics for orthopedics and promoting the natural healing power of one’s own stem cells. You are our top priority. We treat you with respect, compassion and a customized approach to your care. Our team has worked with professional athletes, weekend warriors and thousands of patients seeking relief from debilitating pain or illness. We treat each patient with the utmost respect and get to know you as an individual with a unique set of circumstances. From our first meeting, to follow-up visits five years after procedures, your case is personal and important to us. Stem cells already exist in the body to help regenerate cells and healing. But again and injuries can mean fewer stem cells and less effective healing. Our treatments take stem cells from one part of an individual’s body, where they exist in higher concentrations, and inject them into an injured area to potentially help reinforce their power. The hope is that those stem cells will take cues from surrounding cells and begin to repair the site.